The Benefits Of Lemon: When Life Gives You Lemons.
What are the benefits of lemon? Forget the lemonade! Lemons tend to be highly underrated according to that saying. But lemons are one of nature’s many versatile creations! They add a brightness to many savory dishes and are often enjoyed in desserts ranging from lemon meringue pie to lemon squares to lemon ice cream. But lemons in and of themselves offer so many benefits and you don’t need to use them in cooking or baking to reap them.
Here is a simple way you can receive the benefits of lemon without any cooking or baking. Start your day by drinking a large glass of lemon water in the morning. You can squeeze one whole lemon into a 32-ounce glass of water and drink it while you get ready for your day. Make it part of your morning routine. This simple tip can add so much to your health regimen.
- Lemons hydrate you. After a night of sleep, your body is dehydrated and would welcome some lemon water to stimulate your organs and tissues to help rejuvenate your cells and flush out the toxins. Think of your body as a sponge. Picture a sponge when it’s dried out. It doesn’t work properly, does it?
- Lemons alkalize the body. Lemons create an alkalized environment in your body which is a very good thing. This means that your body is in a better state to fight disease and illness.
- Lemons aid in digestion. Drinking water with lemon first thing in the morning stimulates the digestive system. The citric acid in the lemon interacts with the enzymes in your stomach and allows the digestive juices to flow. It has also been shown to calm an upset stomach or mild indigestion.
- Lemons improve skin. Lemons have vitamin C, an antioxidant, which helps to decrease wrinkles and blemishes. That delicious lemon water helps to flush toxins out of the body which also helps to clear your skin.
- Lemon water energizes you. Think of lemon water as a gentle alarm clock for your body. It gently brings your body to a state where it can function the way it’s supposed to. It just makes you feel good.
- Lemon water can cut cravings: If you are craving sweets or it’s a few hours until dinner, drink a glass of lemon water. It will curb your appetite and that craving will disappear.
Challenge yourself to drink lemon water in the morning for 5 days and see how you feel. Feel free to comment below and share your experience with the magical lemon.