Top 5 Skin Care Tips For The Summer
1. Stay hydrated. Your body tends to lose a lot of moisture in the summer, so it’s important to regularly replenish the H2O. Drink a lot of water and liquids and your skin will stay soft and moisturized as well. Did you know that coconut water is an excellent source of electrolytes? www.amyandbriannaturals.com
2. Sun protection. If you can, try and stay indoors between 11am and 3pm. That’s when the sun’s rays are the strongest and can have an adverse effect on your skin. Also, don’t forget to apply that all-important sunscreen 30 minutes before you step out. If you’ve been out in the sun for a few hours, touch it up again so you’re well protected. Check out the health and safety ratings for the best beach and sports sunscreens @ www.ewg.org.
3. Moisturize. Don’t make the mistake of skipping the moisturizing routine altogether as it is essential for your skin to remain hydrated. Natural Shea butter or coconut oil make excellent moisturizers and are good for your skin with no added ingredients!
4. Ditch those carbonated drinks. Most people have the tendency to reach for an ice cold carbonated drink to quench their thirst on a really hot day. However, it’s important to remember that these drinks are full of sugar that is not good for your skin or your figure. Instead, drink some water with fresh lemon or lime, fresh fruit juices, or coconut water to stay hydrated. It’s also best to minimize the intake of diuretics like alcohol and caffeine as they tend to be dehydrating.
5. Eat healthy, exercise and sleep well! The holy trinity of good health and glowing skin holds true for the whole year. So along with all the skin care tips above, don’t forget to eat a balanced diet, work out for at least 45 minutes everyday and get 7 to 8 hours of sleep. Enjoy the summer!
Here at Wake, we care for our skin with some of our whipped Shea butter, and tend to our tired dry feet by soaking them in one of our soothing and moisturizing soaks.
How do you take care of your skin for the summer?